Friday, August 1, 2014

My First Experience of Driving around in a Tesla Model S P85

Today's highlight: Tesla Model S test drive around New York!

Note: Towards the end of the video, you will see that even New Yorkers would take photos/videos of Model S when it stops at a signal!

Tesla Model S - in Munich

Verdict: I am not an expert of cars but I can tell you that Tesla Model S is the smoothest, quietest and fastest (acceleration) car I have ever experienced. Yes, it beats my previous best of BMW Z4 Coupe!

First impression: Car is super light. I am not just talking about the car handling (I didn't drive but dad did), I am talking about the doors, trunk and the frunk. Thanks to aluminium body!

Interior: It has a classic feel to it. High quality dashboard material, leather seats and fine sleek metal use. It has a huge 17 inches ipad-like display, pretty great for a clear navigation control. You can control almost everything from this touch screen, from the sunroof to the door locks to opening of your garage doors!

Drive: It is almost perfect smooth drive. I think the rest of the cars have a big gap to fill here. It has absolutely no sound. I literally mean NO SOUND. It is super quiet, and one wouldn't know if the Model S is "on" or "off." Model S has a crazy fast acceleration, like any sports car out there.

Downside: The car we drove is top of the line Tesla Model S P85 fully loaded, this costs 138,000 dollars but Model S starts from almost 70K dollars (still expensive!).
Second downside of this car right now is its availability. You cannot just walk into a Tesla gallery and buy one. If you are in the USA right now and place an order for Tesla Model S, you'll have to wait till December to get your hands on one!

I am a big fan of electric cars and of course, Tesla! That's why I invested in the company many months back, so my review "might" be biased.


#Tesla #ModelS #TeslaModelS

No comments:

Post a Comment